Friday, April 11, 2008

Flower Power

That title is a throw-back to the slogans of the hippie era for those of you who weren' t around back then. I really enjoy flowers and herbs. Those of you who have been here hopefully have seen my rose garden in full bloom. It is showing promise of another great season.
I went to Bob's flowers yesterday. I don't know why it is called Bob's. The guy who runs the place is named Harold or something. Bob isn't even close to his name. He does have a great business though. I mangaged not to get to carried away on this trip. Those gerber daisies were calling my name. (hint to anyone who wants to make me happy) I bought some mint, cinnamon basil, Italian basil, golden sage, parsley, and chives. I already had the rosemary and thyme. I moved my lavender over to a new bed so cross your fingers it survives. It had outgrown the place on the corner. Who knew it would do so well!
I like my mom's philosophy of flowers. Bring them to me while I am alive and can enjoy them. I try to take her some about once a week . I consider my rose garden to be hers. That is why Donald planted it in the first place. His care of it shows me how much he loves me and I can pass it along to Mom. I can also return the love to him. Those of you who are old enough may have heard the rose petal story. When I am dead, I don't want bouquets lying all over the dirt, dying. Take them to a hospital. Give them to people at church. Make someone else have a beautiful moment in their day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like flowers too! I am sad because we are just starting to see blooms and the weather man is saying that we are going to get snow tomorrow. This means that all those lovely blooms will be dead! I miss the South. Whoever heard of snow in April! Crazy. By the way check out the youtube videos that I put on our blog. They are funny!

The Sauls Family said...

I meant to tell you that you amaryllis' looked gorgeous.

Rich and Vic said...

Thank you for sharing all your beautiful flowers, mine are still so pretty...the cats keep trying to get them but so far have not managed to know them off the mantle...yet