Wednesday, August 27, 2008

my Boring Life

I personally find it very exciting teaching seminary. I love getting up in the wee hours of the morning. So much gets done before noon even arrives. The down side is I don't watch tv or socialize in the evenings anymore. Evening begins about 6:00. If I blog about my students, they might get upset. It is like a doctor, patient relationship you know. I have been having big times with the chickens. Maybe I will take some pictures tomorrow. I don't think I have anywhere to go or any obligations after I get home from seminary. Anyway, Dave and Eileen brought their chickens down from Atlanta and Monica Brown brought some more over bringing the total to about twenty. For a girl who didn't grow up around animals, I feel very close to my roots in the pen. I go out and gather the eggs in my little basket and bring them in annoucing to everyone the count for the day. The "girls" (not to be confused with Carol's girls) have been very upset by the weather. We were getting nine or so eggs a day and are down to three. I have been forced to climb over the fence onto the neighbors property to see if any have been laid in the tall grass there. I am sure I presented quite the sight hitting the ground in front of me with a long stick and singing to scare away any snakes or other critters that might be hiding!

No comments: