Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Jedisms


If I had written them all down I would probably have a best seller. I suppose all of us think our kids say the greatest things. Jed has never stopped. Just last night he came out with a zinger, if I can remember the wording.
It started with me asking about a grade on a paper he had agonized over. He told me he got 106 on it. It was supposed to have taken all semester to do but he couldn't find everything he needed until last minute. It had to do with government and he got the six extra points for recreating the presidential seal as a part. He told me he is truly awesome because he could pull the project off last minute and do so well. I berated him about maybe he needs to cultivate a little humility. He put me in place by telling me he knows he has special gifts from God and that is why he drags himself out of bed in the mornings to attend seminary. It is one of the ways he shows gratitude, at least I think that is what he meant. Sometimes he is too awesome for me to understand.

2 comments:

The Sauls Family said...

My favorite Jedism?

"I always have money because I never spend all of the money I have."

Classic.

Nedidiah said...

Its so true! I really am amazing! Its hard to be humble when I'm constantly shown how amazing I am.