Friday, January 1, 2010

Word Follow-up

I think I did great with my word. Next year will be even better with the addititon of a new, larger refrigerator for the poolhouse. My word was ignore. It is hard but I am slowly getting better at not letting everyone else's issues become mine. I cut way baack on my M&m consumption. I ignored all the after Valentine, Easter and Fourth of July candy sales. I slipped after Halloween but only because I had to buy for my seminary students. I think I was able to ignore the confusion and disorder of the kitchen remodeling project.
The new year will bring many challenges I am sure. Isn't that what life is all about though in the end? Let's not call them challenges, let's think of them as opportunities. That is my word for 2010.

2 comments:

The Sauls Family said...

IGNORE was a stroke of genius, but OPPORTUNITIES is even better. It's shows progress.

Nedidiah said...

Sadly she cut back on the m&ms..