Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Jed's Birthday

Yesterday Jed was fourteen years old. I spent the morning trying to pick up some new underwear for him. I think it is time I gave him the money and let him do it himself. Do you know how many choices there are for men's underwear! Someone else gets to take the boy shoe shopping. I asked him what kind of cake he wanted and his answer was surprisingly,"I don't know" He finally said make a chocolate one. I didn't feel like standing over the stove stirring old fashioned frosting. It was already after four o"clock and I had been in the kitchen all day. I was going to make the mounds cake that I love but instead decide to google snicker cake and see what came up. That is his favorite candy bar. I then spent the next hour going to the store to pick up ingredients, going back in the store to get ice cream that I forgot on the first trip, unwrapping the package of caramels the recipe called for, chopping nuts to go in the filling, and waiting for the bottom of the cake to finish baking before adding the filling and the top layer. The irony is the old fashioned only would have taken about fifteen minutes. (I must point out I did have to go to the store to pick up a prescription for Granddaddy anyway) All seventeen people in attendance at our family home evening agreed the cake was good. Jed complained about the nuts.

3 comments:

The Sauls Family said...

Of course he complained about the nuts. It's Jed. He has to complain about something or he's not happy.

The Sauls Family said...

Hahahaha

Love your new pictures. "Always knew I was their favorite"? Priceless.

Corey and Nikki Preston said...

i cant believe that he is 14. nuts or no nuts the cake at least sounds good to me