Saturday, April 19, 2008

Be Careful What You Wish For

Remember when you were a kid and you wanted to eat the whole bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough? It isn't as great as you think it would be. (For me it was brownie dough anyway)
We belong to a foodbank group where we pay money each month to recieve random items in return. It is like Christmas every pickup day because some of the items are things you normally wouldn't indulge in but can afford it at the price we pay. Sometimes we win, organic eggplant, strawberries, leftover easter m&m's; sometimes you lose, liners for thongs, lime calcium water,coffee creamer. One of the win items has been cookie dough. We are talking peanut butter, m&m, sugar, oatmeal, even one that was a mixture of everything you would want in a cookie. Then there is the chocolate chip. It was great the first time. Not to bad the second. I didn't even mind the third time. I have finally reached my limit after scooping two huge boxes of mashed together cookies into six gallon ice cream containers. That doesn't count the one box I was able to put neatly into ten ziploc bags. Those cookies had not arrived here all mangled together. Some of these cookies have big chunks of chocolate, some have tiny chocolate chips. Either way the pieces have a tendency to fall out of the dough and I find myself constantly picking them up and eating them so as to not waste any. It is all enough to make one swear off chocolate! There goes one more pleasure from my feeble, miserable excuse for a life. Cookies anyone?

No comments: