Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Reunion

The party at our house started Saturday with the arrival of the out of town children. The wii guitar hero was immediately set up and the loud noises started. David and Matthew entertained themselves by planting "Grandaddy" stickers all over town. Sarah and Travis, don't worry, I have you covered and will explain when we see you. We know you had another family to celebrate this weekend. The Saturday night swimming, horseshoe,billiards, cookout party had about sixty-five in attendance. After going to Dairy Queen, my bunch came back to the house. Jen and James went home to sleep but the rest turned on the games again until almost one o'clock. Sunday lunch was fabulous as always. I went off and left the fruit salad I had made just for Paula in the refrigerator. It seems no matter how many dishes I wash before I leave, I always have a sinkfull when I come home. I am blessed with Carol's leftovers; everyone loved the dreamscicle cake, but that means I get to wash out her pans also. The party continued once again with the wii bowling, etc. until Eileen told Dave it was time to go. Eileen and I have yet to figure out how to truly enjoy reunion weekend without having to be the "adult". We did get some great family pics. Jen has posted some. Rumor has it Helen and Ryan are in charge of next years festivities so any suggestions can be sent to them. Lunch at 12:00; all in favor say aye. Sound system for the emcee would be great. Could the weather have been any more perfect!!

3 comments:

The Sauls Family said...

No, Helen is in charge of any decisions for the family, not the reunion as a whole.

Nancy Seaman said...

No, Aunt Susan and Aunt Rachel have put it out there for a change in leadership if everyone thinks it is time. Do you realize Larry and Darlene have been doing it for about ten years? Darlene has always kept "the book"

The Sauls Family said...

Darlene likes keeping the book, because she gets to see everyone. I think those who are in charge are doing a fine job.