Monday, August 11, 2008

Aliens in the House

No, I am not talking about any family members! I was sitting in the living room at 6:00 this morning waiting for Jed to wake up and get ready for seminary. Suddenly I heard an awful sound, truly undescribable except like something from a sci-fi movie. I really wanted to turn it off before it woke all the sleeping bodies but I didn't know where the sound was coming from. Gretchen started crying and Jed's alarm started beeping. Turns out it was Stella's alarm clock, a present from one of her uncles. It turns on at the appointed time and if not turned off within a specific amount of time it rolls off the table and all over the room forcing one to chase it down to stop the noise! Who invented this thing? It says "wide eye" on it and I guarantee that is what you will be when it goes off!!

2 comments:

The Sauls Family said...

Never a dull moment around your house!

Carol said...

Sounds like something I'd look forward to every morning - NOT!