Sunday, September 28, 2008

Snakes, skunks, and other critters



We have lived at this place for ten years now. In that entire time we have seen very few unwelcome predators. Since Dave and Eileen moved here we have had invasion of ants, two snakes, a chicken eating hawk, and lately....I have been smelling skunks. Can I tell you how this makes me feel knowing that each night usually after dark, I have to make the walk out to the poolhouse in the semi-darkness!! I am putting aside my supply of milk and tomato juice JUST IN CASE! I believe if you are prepared, you shall not fear. I wonder how Shelly feels about cats with white stripes down their back. She is not to fond of the ordinary kind.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Oh no, not skunks!!! That's one way to keep company away from your house.

Eileen said...

Look all I know is I have been made all these promises about how safe it is to let the girls go out and play, yet critters are everywhere down here.

Anonymous said...

In Illinois were I went to school we had a huge problem with skunks! There was one night where something terrible must have happened bc the smell was so bad that it woke me up out of a dead sleep at 2:00 a.m.. The smell was still there when I left for school at 9:00a.m.! I thought we were going to have to move. It smelled sooooo bad :)