Monday, November 17, 2008

A Cross Between Jen and Carol

Jen has been talking about books and Carol has been getting rid of a lot of them. G-dad is cleaning out to make room for some from CArol so I have those which I will pass along to Susan or Helen. Get all that? The ones from G-dad are cookbooks. That got me thinking about how that is one thing I share with G-mom. I love "reading " cookbooks. That is about the only thing I read these days besides stuff for seminary. I know it drives my familly crazy but I am always looking for something new and different to cook. I often hear "what is wrong with the way you used to do it?" At least I am sociable when I am cooking. I have become very selective about my cookbook collection. I love the little regional books put out by schools. In the ones Dad gave me were a collection published by Relief Society sisters way back in the sixties. I also have one from the boy scout troop in PA that Dave and Donald belonged to, a school in Alaska from Donald's aunt, and one from the American Legion post in Waycross. My cookbooks are a type of family history if one takes time to look and listen to the stories behind them. Maybe one of the great granddaughters will carry on this family tradition.

2 comments:

The Sauls Family said...

I do the same thing- I love to read cookbooks! I love the regional ones, too. I still love to come onver and look through all of your's. Lots of good memories that way.

I don't buy "professional" cookbooks unless I already know their stuff (like Ina Garten and Nigella). But I love the ones that have been passed down.

Melissa Nickle, Owner of Blossom Sweet said...

hey pretty lady. thanks for the blog comment- you are so sweet. :) i did in fact write those descriptions myself!

so. i miss you guys. a lot. a lot a lot. hope all is well and hope you guys know you are my all-time favorite family from the mission. tell everyone hi!

xoxoxo