Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Timber!

There is a tree by the G-parents house that has been getting way to big for its space. We decided yesterday was sthe day for it to begin to come down. Dave climbed up a ladder onto the roof with a chainsaw and began the process of trimming branches. Yes, Eileen and Dave have insurance. Eileen needs to blog about that family joke. Donald climbed up on the overhang to assist Dave. The rest of us stood around cheering them on and praying, and praying, etc. G-dad told us how when he was sixteen he could cut a tree to go precisely where he wanted it to go. Luckily the only mess up has been the disconnecting of the bat-phone line in the gathering area.

3 comments:

The Sauls Family said...

Okay, Mom. This would have been the perfect post to add pictures!!

Nancy Seaman said...

I know! I searched for one I could crop but everyone is on the other side of the porch. I just need someone to sit with me and show me how to download to the computer and such. We were too busy trying to keep the kids and dogs out of the way also. They did take out a power line this morning.

Carol said...

Yes, I would love to have seen pictures of the action - slide by slide. I understand Joe was helping to supervise too. Sounds like too many chiefs and not enough indians to me.