Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Presents


As you can see, Jed finally gave me a lesson on camera usage. I had to try and see if I could take a picture of my new tricycle. Dave took some great ones on his camera but didn't download them yet. For some reason his pictures will bear the label "Think Wizard of Oz". Just because there is an old lady riding a bike with a dog in the basket... Anyway, I love my bike!!! I started kidding around with G-dad several months ago about how fuel efficent one would be for trips to CVS. I also am always looking for inovative ways to exercise while combining other tasks. Can you just take my word for it that Gretchen and Sammie love riding in the basket? (see Dave's forthcoming photos) The real fun part though concerns Jed. He told me one day I could never do anything to embarass him. That was what he thought until....he heard me talking about the bike. He made some comment and I told him wouldn't it be fun to pick him up from school one day and let him ride in the basket. Helen used to love it when I would do that with her in kindergarten. Of course the basket was on the front of the bike and she was only five. Jed now lives in fear of the day I ride my blue bike to the back of Northeast campus. I have to figure out what kind of bell, horn, or other accessories to get. I need to figure out what to wear. Possibly outfit from Agrirama days complete with straw hat. Oh, the possibilities!! Never put out a dare to a fifty-three year old woman looking for ways to prove just how crazy she really is.

2 comments:

The Sauls Family said...

Madeline wanted to know if she could get a tricycle "like Nana's". I said maybe. :P So it's evident to me that your present was the BIG HIT!!

Carol said...

Can't wait to see the bike pictures.