Thursday, January 14, 2010

Miracle Ear

I actually had to go buy one the other day. And yes, it does wonders. I had an earache a week ago. It lasted one day. Then the other ear hurt briefly. Then they both got better but I had major loss of hearing. So I looked online and it said temporary loss was not uncommon. I had a doctor appt. scheduled anyway. When I went in for the appt. they found wax in one ear, other nothing wrong with it. We all figured the wax removal should clear the problem. Nope. So come to find out from the kids ENT doctor I may have nerve damage and need steriods. Can't find out till next Thursday unless insurance and appt come through earlier. I mean how long is temporary anyway. I don't have any pain. I never had veritgo or drainage, not even too bad pain. It really is quite scary though not being able to hear. Driving is even more of a nightmare. I can't even teach seminary effectively. I guess it is time to practice what I preach and trust in the Lord. I had Donald give me a blessing today. I need everyone to pray for me whatever the outcome. I am trying to keep the sense of humor we have all had about the miracle ear. At least it looks like a bluetooth though I don't even have a cell phone yet.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I'm sorry... I couldn't quite "hear" what you were saying... :-) Just kidding !! I think sometimes it is sooooo much better not to be able to hear the things people might be saying about you..!

The Sauls Family said...

Oh lord. I can only imagine you and Dad trying to have a conversation these days. I'm surprised we can't hear it in Albany.