Thursday, November 5, 2009

Here we go again!

Eileen asked the question the other day, "Why can't we have a simple remodling project"? The kitchen floor needed to be replaced so they tore up the old one. Lo and behold there was rotted, dampness that meant cabinets had to come out. So we have flu stricken kids and adults in a house where we are washing dishes in the bathroom sink. This was also the week David started his substitute teaching career. Throw in Jed on crutches for six weeks (thank heavens no surgery) and life truly becomes a comedy. Oh, did I mention I need to get a new battery for my camera. Anybody going to Walmart? They don't sell batteries at Lowe's or the hardware store. The ones benefitting from all the madness are the squirrels. They are glad we don't have time to pick up the pecans covering the ground.

3 comments:

The Sauls Family said...

We can never have a simple remodel either. Must be in the DNA.

Carol said...

Sounds like you guys continue to have a good time!!!

And, thanks for the blog...get some batteries so I can see some pics too! I'd hate to miss a moment of this fun!

Gawdun said...

You know the next time we come for a visit we may not recognize the house. ;-) I went to Wal-Mart the other day, sorry I didn't read this first